segunda-feira, 17 de novembro de 2008

Christmas ornament

I loved creating this Christmas ornament. I bought a few styrofoam hearts last year before Christmas and I planned to do some découpage with them so that I could hang them on the Christmas tree, but I guess I was too busy with other things last year or maybe I didn't have enough motivation... (I found blogland in January 2008, right after Christmas...)
I used two images from graphicsfairy and a serviette from "Ihr" (It's a German brand although I bought the serviette in Portugal). Then it was all about sticking everything in place with Alkyl, a glue that is also a varnish. I've also used my flake punch and some gold thread around the heart and I've tied the ribbon in such a way that I can turn it the way I want. The "front" image was supposed to be the girl, but then I realised I liked the bird image better although I damaged it a bit when I was gluing it in place. Finally I added two little bells, so that even if the ribbon is facing the other side it still looks interesting enough on the backside.
Just a remark: by the time I took the pictures (with my lousy camera, well, it's actually quite good for a mobile camera), I hadn't stuck the flakes properly yet. I had glued them with UHU glue, but they obviously couldn't go without Alkyl for a glossy finish.
Check out all the other Christmas ornaments at Mixed Media Monday.
"Birds" is also the challenge at Theme Thursday, so I'm combining the challenges.

14 comentários:

indybev disse...

This is such a dainty looking ornament. It would be a nice addition to any well-decorated tree!

Gillian .... disse...

This is adorable and would adorn any christmas tree with pride, thank you for joining in this weeks fun at MMM.

Unknown disse...

OH wow! To think they were just styrophome...one would never guess...they are lovely!

BetteJo disse...

I love Christmas ornaments, the one you made is beautiful!

Faye disse...

Very impressive! This s really gorgeous.

~*~Patty S disse...

Your heart ornaments turned out beautifully, such nice details. I really like the photo of the heart in your hand too. Thank you for describing how you made them

Sandy disse...

OMG these are really really awesome.
So wonderful hearts. Love them.

Anónimo disse...

What a beautiful decortion! I think I prefer the bird side too! Diane

Moira disse...

This is so lovely, you have transformed the heart into a beautiful ornament.

Heather Robinson disse...

Oh wow, these are so beautiful and will look stunning on a Christmas tree. I just want to keep looking at them because each time I do I see more detail. Ahhh....so lovely.

*jean* disse...

gogeous ornaments!

Gi disse...

Lindíssimo.
Beijinhos
ps. Quero ver essa arvore de NATAL.

Rika disse...

Gorgeous ornament!

Luthien Thye disse...

these are very very pretty :) i love the combination of the background paper, the images and the ribbons :) well made!