quinta-feira, 21 de outubro de 2010

Nestlé lid shrine

"Shrines" is this month's theme at Mixed Media Monday. Here's my very first shrine:



Is this what a shrine is supposed to be? Tell me what you think...

This shrine turned out quite different from what I had in mind at least as far as the colours are concerned. Due to the excessive amount of pink (at least to my taste) it is a tad childish and therefore only suitable for a child's room. I should have attached to it something to hang it from, but I got too lazy after realizing I'll never hang it in my own bedroom... after all, I'm 36.


Back of the shrine(The text on the back of the lid is from a Portuguese tale with animals, perhaps it's a fable.)


How it all began... 


Thanks for looking!

7 comentários:

Zom disse...

I wouldn't have limited it to a child's room, though it would be wonderful for one.

Sometimes I love 'childish' things. I think we still carry our younger selves within us and sometimes they like stuff too, teehee.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.

Zuzu's Blog disse...

Very sweet little shrine... thank you for taking part :)

Michelle disse...

So Cute!!! It looks tiny - how did you do it? I had enough trouble with mine!

Kris Dickinson disse...

Your shrine is precious!

~*~Patty S disse...

Wonderful transformation from a humble plastic lid ... your shrine is very sweet!

I am just now playing along with the challenge
oxo

Cheryl disse...

I am 46... and I'd hang it up in my room! You did a great job on your little shrine. It is super sweet!

Pearl Maple disse...

Like your shrine, the colors and theme are delightful
Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with us