domingo, 21 de setembro de 2008

Peace by priority airmail - Wednesday Stamper



Today is the International day of Peace.

This week at Wednesady stamper the challenge is to make art on Peace.

The white cross with the heart-shaped red seal on the card is meant to have two meanings: I first thought of it as Jesus' cross, so that heart would be Jesus' heart because on the cross He gave us His Peace. Then I just thought I might use this card at Christmas time and in that case the cross with the heart would also represent the ribbon and bowknot that wrap up the present within, which in this case would be Peace, of course. Does that make any sense to you?

I had a few problems with the sealing wax, though. It turned out too dark. I then watercoloured it in red, but it lost its shine and became too matt, so I cleaned it off and applied some red glitter. 

As for the ATC, it was a quickie and I made it mostly with scraps. 

6 comentários:

Sandy disse...

Wow both are gorgeous.
Really softly cards.

Anónimo disse...

Both are beautiful

Belinda disse...

wonderful, especially the card!

Willy disse...

Both are fabulous!

~*~Patty S disse...

Lovely card and ATC! Such a beautiful theme, isn't it!
PEACE to you!

Sid disse...

Very clean & serene lines !!